“The school’s most valuable resource is the human resource, and its the one they invest in the least.”
This webinar with Dr. Anthony Muhammad, author of Time for Change: Four Essential Skills for Transformational School and District Leaders, joined us for an invigorating conversation about school transformation, institutional change, and the game-changing skills school leaders need to transform schools!
Dr. Muhammad discusses the following four skills in depth:
- Communicating the reason (both “intellectually” and “morally”) for the change.
- Building trust (through empathy and reliability) with and among the team.
- Providing professional support (helping people develop the skills so they know “how” to change)
- Holding people accountable
Additionally, Anthony Muhammad answers the following questions:
- How does administrative behavior affect teacher stress and frustration?
- What motivates teachers to enthusiastically embrace change?
- How do philosophical conflicts and power struggles affect school change?
- What is the effect of “initiative fatigue” on teacher enthusiasm about innovation?
Anthony Muhammad is an author and international thought leader. He currently serves as the CEO of New Frontier 21 Consulting, a company dedicated to providing cutting-edge professional development to schools all over the world. He served as a practitioner for nearly twenty years. Dr. Muhammad served as a middle school teacher, assistant principal, middle school principal, and high school principal. His tenure as a practitioner has earned him several awards as both a teacher and a principal.
Dr. Muhammad is recognized as one of the field’s leading experts in the areas of school culture and Professional Learning Communities (PLC). His work has allowed him to work with schools in all 50 U.S. states, 10 Canadian provinces, the Caribbean, Africa, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Dr. Muhammad is a best-selling author. He is the author of the books Time for Change: The Four Essential Skills of a Transformational School Leader (2019); Overcoming the Achievement Gap Trap: Liberating Mindsets to Effect Change (2015); The Will to Lead and the Skill to Teach; Transforming Schools at Every Level (2011); Transforming School Culture: How to Overcome Staff Division 2nd Edition (2017); and a contributing author to the book The Collaborative Administrator: Working Together as a Professional Learning Community (2008). He has published 26 articles in education journals and publications in seven different countries.